This recipe by Preppy Kitchen is the ultimate dish if you are looking for something that8217;s easy to prepare, filling and full of nutrients. You can never go wrong with this yummy soup. It8217;s warm and comforting 8211; perfect for the fall season. I have already made this a couple of times, and it never disappoints. Read on or watch the video below for full instructions.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (28 ounce)
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound of potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups of chopped fresh green beans
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh corn
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh peas
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley (chopped)
Place a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, then add olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until it starts to brown. Next, add the carrots, celery, and garlic and let them cook for about 5 minutes. Turn the heat to low if anything starts to stick or burn.
Turn the heat to medium-low, then partially cover it. Let it simmer for until 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Make a taste test and add more salt if needed. Lastly, add the peas and cook for 10 minutes. Mix the parsley just before serving. Enjoy!
Original source: https://diyjoy.com/easy-vegetable-soup-recipe/