Just starting to learn how to quilt? Here are two easy jelly roll blocks for beginners like you. Learn how to make the granny square and 5-patch chain with this tutorial by Teresa DownUnder. You surely won8217;t get overwhelmed with these patterns as they are very simple. If you want to watch the video instructions, just scroll down.
- 1 piece of 2 1/28243; x 218243; strip in aqua
- 1 piece of 2 1/28243; x 218243; strip in navy
- 1 piece of 2 1/28243; x 2 1/28243; square in navy
- 4 pieces of 2 1/28243; x 4 1/28243; strips in pink
- 1 piece of 2 1/28243; x 2 1/28243; square in turquoise
- 4 pieces of 2 1/28243; x 2 1/28243; squares in orange
- 2 pieces of 2 1/28243; x 2 1/28243; squares in medium violet
- 4 pieces of 2 1/28243; x 2 1/28243; squares in mauve
- 2 pieces of 2 1/28243; x 2 1/28243; squares in dark violet
- 12 pieces of 2 1/28243; x 2 1/28243; squares in white
Place the aqua strip on top of the navy strip, right sides together. Sew on the edge with a quarter of an inch seam allowance.
Cut the unit strip every 2 1/28243; to make 8 pieces.
Sew two units together with the other one flipped to create a four-patch. Repeat with the remaining 6 pieces to make a total of four. Make sure the seams are aligned. Once done, press them flat.
Get the navy square and pink strips. Place the strips on each side of the square to make a cross. After that, fill in the spaces on the corners with the four-patch blocks you made earlier.
Sew them in rows first, then press them flat. After that, sew the rows together. Make sure that the seams are aligned. Press it flat.
Arrange all the squares just as shown in the photo below, then sew them in rows. Once done, sew the rows together. Make sure that the seams are aligned. Press the block flat.
Trim the excess fabric at 1/48243; from the corners of the purple squares.
Two Easy Jelly Roll Blocks For Beginners
The post Two Easy Jelly Roll Blocks For Beginners appeared first on DIY Joy.
Original source: https://diyjoy.com/two-easy-jelly-roll-blocks-for-beginners/