‘Tis the season for ugly Christmas sweaters! This time of year means parties, and that means that it8217;s the perfect time for an ugly Christmas sweater party to get you into the Christmas spirit. This is not the time for a cute sweater — save that for your regular Christmas party! Here are our favorite ugly Christmas sweater ideas for couples.
Ugly sweater parties are where everyone wears the ugliest Christmas sweater they can find. Sometimes the hosts even throw an ugly Christmas sweater contest where the person with the worst Christmas sweater gets a prize. If you go to a thrift store, you can find some really tacky sweaters with Christmas decor on them, such as Christmas lights or gingerbread men. The ugly Christmas sweater trend has become so popular in the last few years that there are lots of options for funny Christmas sweaters you can buy online. I8217;ve found some real gems here (my favorite was a DOUBLE sweater that two people could wear at once!) and here.
What8217;s more fun than an ugly sweater contest? A couples ugly sweater contest! You should try to coordinate your own sweater with your significant other8217;s for double the fun — and double the chances at winning the contest. If you and your significant other are looking for ugly sweater ideas to wear this holiday season, look no further. We’ve rounded up some of the ugliest (and therefore, best) Christmas sweaters for couples. Check them out!
- Reindeer Sweaters: Nothing says “Christmas” like a reindeer sweater. This design is especially festive if one sweater has antlers and the other has a red nose! For a Christmas craft, you can make easy reindeer couple costumes by using a hot glue gun red pom-poms to reindeer sweaters.
- Matching Santa Sweaters: For couples who want to dress alike, matching Santa sweaters are a must. You can even make things festive (and slightly cheeky) by personalizing each sweater with your own name. Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus are always popular choices, and you can both add Santa hats to the costume to really take it to the next level!
- His & Hers Grinch Sweaters: Holiday classics like How the Grinch Stole Christmas are always popular, which is why these His & Hers Grinch sweaters are perfect for couples. If you don8217;t want to be the Grinch, you can mix it up so that your sweater matches your favorite Whoville characters from the movie, such as Cindy Lou Who (just don8217;t forget to do your hair like hers as well!). These ugly Christmas sweater ideas for couples are also great for anyone who wants to show their holiday spirit in an absolutely not subtle way.
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Dress: A sweater dress is another fun option! This way you don8217;t have to find pants to go with your sweater, and, let8217;s be honest, making your boyfriend or husband wear an ugly sweater dress would definitely win you points in the ugly sweater contest. The best part? You can wear it again next year!
- DIY Ugly Christmas Sweater: If you don8217;t find sweaters you like at the thrift store or are too rushed to wait for a package8230;you can make your own design with an old sweater and some supplies from the dollar store or the craft store, such as pom poms or candy canes. Or use these supplies to embellish a sweater you already found to make sure that it8217;s definitely the ugliest sweater at the party!
- Candy Cane Sweater: What says Christmas more than candy canes? Just attach hundreds of tiny candy canes to a red or green sweater like this sweater from Morning Chores. If you want to try to win extra contest points, make the candy canes easy to detach from the sweater so you can hand them out to all the voters!
- Jingle Bell Sweaters: 8220;Jingle Bells8217; is probably the most classic and beloved Christmas carol. But the idea of jingle bells might not be as beautiful as the song makes it sound to everyone at your ugly sweater party after they are forced to listen to you walk around at the party for a few hours. You can find small jingle bells at any craft store, and you can attach them to a sweater with a couple quick stitches. A few strategically placed bells can make your sweater ugly and annoying enough to secure that contest prize.
- Ping Pong Ball Sweaters: If you and your partner are competitive, these Ping Pong Ball sweaters are sure to be a hit! They’re also great for any couple who loves spending time together playing games, and using fabric paint or puff paint you can design the ping pong balls to look like snowflakes, snow balls, or snowmen!
- Christmas Phrases Sweaters: In addition to 8220;Merry Christmas,8221; there are lots of fun holiday sayings you can add to your sweater. Think of your favorite Christmas movie quote, such as 8220;Merry Christmas, ya filthy animal!8221; from Home Alone 2. You can also do coordinating phrases with your significant other, like sweaters with matching patterns that say 8220;hubby8221; and 8220;wifey,8221; 8220;cookie baker8221; and 8220;cookie taster,8221; or 8220;naughty8221; and 8220;nice8221; (you decide who gets to wear which one!). Or you can find completely identical sweaters with a phrase like 8220;festive AF!8221; Today We Date has lots of options for couples sweaters with Christmas sayings.
- Snowman Couple Sweaters: These snowman couple sweaters are perfect for anyone who wants to feel festive without being too flashy. They’re also great for families with young children who want to get involved in the ugly Christmas sweater fun! Ugly Christmas sweater ideas for couples can be a fun way to bond.
- And finally, our personal favorite… Elf on the Shelf Sweaters! These Elf on the Shelf sweaters are perfect for couples who want to have some fun with their holiday fashion choices. They’re also great for families with young children who want to incorporate their favorite holiday tradition into their ugly Christmas sweater attire!
As soon as you get your ugly sweater party invitations, it8217;s time to start looking for the perfect funny ugly Christmas sweater. Whether you’re looking for something cute, something funny, or something festive, we hope you’ve found the perfect ugly Christmas sweater ideas for couples on this list. From reindeer sweaters to Elf on the Shelf sweaters, we know you and your significant other will find something you love! We think that by the end of the Christmas season, you will agree with us that wearing your own ugly sweater to holiday parties is a better way to put together the perfect Christmas outfit. Happy sweater hunting and happy holidays!
The post Ugly Christmas Sweater Ideas for Couples appeared first on How Does She.
Original source: https://howdoesshe.com/ugly-christmas-sweater-ideas-for-couples/