This simplified version of the piña colada from Minimalist Baker on Youtube turned this classic beach cocktail into a smoothie. All the summer flavors are still present, and you will still enjoy the refreshing vibe brought by this drink. It’s also super easy to make, and you’ll only need two ingredients for this! Watch the video below for the step-by-step instructions.
- 3 cups chopped frozen pineapples (ripe for best flavor)
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk (or canned or boxed)
- 1/2 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional, only if the pineapple isn8217;t sweet enough)
- 1 scoop plain or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 8211; 2 oz white rum (optional, to make it boozy)
To start, slice the pineapple into smaller pieces and freeze them. After they are fully frozen, put them in the blender, then add 3/4 cup of light coconut milk. Blend on high until creamy and smooth texture.
Now, if your pineapple isn8217;t sweet enough or you just want it to be sweeter, you can add 1/2 tsp of honey or maple syrup (optional). Transfer it to a serving glass and top it with a scoop of vanilla (optional).
Original source: https://diyjoy.com/2-ingredient-pina-colada-smoothie/