Zucchini noodles are so good, and you can have a lot of them without the extra heavy calories. This garlic parmesan zucchini noodle recipe by Inspired Taste on YouTube shows how to make a guilt-free pasta dish that8217;s fresh and healthy. It8217;s a 20-minute recipe with garlic, tomato, basil, and parmesan cheese. I used to be obsessed with zucchini noodles when I was on a strict diet, but I haven8217;t had them for a couple of years now. It8217;s so easy to make zucchini noodles when you have the spiral noodle machine, but there8217;s a way to make the noodles without it too.
- 4 medium zucchini (about 2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (3 to 4 cloves)
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, depending on how spicy you like the pasta
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped, see note (about 12 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for serving, see notes for alternatives
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Salt, to taste
Next, add olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a large skillet on medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles when the oil starts to bubble around the garlic. Toss the noodles with tongs into the skillet, but do not let the noodles cook too long or they will get mushy. Continue to watch Inspired Taste tutorial on YouTube for full instructions and details.
In conclusion, zucchini noodles are a healthy way to disguise vegetables and healthy eating. Everything in this recipe is light and made with fresh ingredients. Also, you can add half of regular spaghetti pasta and noodles together for a heartier and filling meal.