I am the biggest pickle lover and when people talk about the pickle people, I know they mean me. When I found this pickled watermelon rind video tutorial recipe by Cooking With Shotgun Red on YouTube, I was really excited because that was the one type of pickle that I haven8217;t tried. This pickle recipe has a phenomenal brine recipe and I really feel like that is the real key to a delicious pickle. This recipe calls for apple cider vinegar, which has more of a bite than white distilled vinegar, but both are good. The other cool thing about this recipe is the fact that you do not need a canning bath, these pickles can go straight into the fridge.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 and 1/2 of vinegar (apple cider or white distilled, whichever you prefer)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar (you could even go with 2 if you want the watermelon rinds to be extra sweet)
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
In this pickled watermelon rind video tutorial recipe by Cooking With Shotgun Red on YouTube, you8217;ll earn how to make these watermelon rind pickles in a few easy steps. You start by removing the rind from the watermelon. Then, placing the cubed rind in jars.
Original source: https://diyjoy.com/pickled-watermelon-rind-recipe/