last week we went to vegas for a quick two day trip to the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show. i was excited to see all the new appliances that Samsung is introducing! i have their flex duo and family hub fridge in my house and they have been great supporters of my cooking journey this past year. i never thought i8217;d become such a kitchen nerd but i truly am, i get so thrilled even thinking about cooking and i loved learning the in8217;s and out8217;s of their new products. The Chef Collection has a lot of the same features of the industrial ovens we8217;re using in cooking school. i never realized how important temperature is until culinary school, and being able to adjust a burner to super intense heat and also simmer consistently at a very low temp is awesome.
AND! i8217;m going to show you joanie8217;s new favorite recipe for pad see ew (so quick and easy) and a look at the new products samsung has available for those of you looking to update your kitchen!
i love how they styled their new Tuscan Kitchen collection. the whole idea with this collection was to bring nature and home together, so they created this earthy tone that goes great with woods and natural textures. i also love that the color really compliments its surroundings and picks up the hues of what it8217;s next to.
they worked with Samsung Club des Chef members, an advisory board of Michelin-starred chefs for Samsung Kitchen Appliances, including Chef Kostow on creating the Chef Collection, using their years of restaurant kitchen experience and bringing that to the home cook. there was so much cool technology and connectivity (feels like the future) like being able to pre-heat your oven from your phone, knobs that tell you if you left a burner on, steam cooking capabilities, etc. as well as simple nice design details, like how you can get a fridge that blends seamlessly into your walls and cabinets, matching the finish and having a completely flat exterior. the matte black color is super cool too.
• 1 cup chopped tofu
• 1/2 cup blanched broccoli, chopped
• fresh pad see ew noodles (some whole food carry them, or your thai market!)
• 1 tablespoon black soy sauce (this is a thicker, slightly sweet soy sauce!)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
• 2 tablespoons seasoning sauce (this is chef yenbramroong8217;s special sauce, it8217;s 1 1/2 cups thai seasoning sauce, 1 cup oyster sauce, 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar, mix it all up and keep in your fridge to use as need!)
- heat your wok until it starts to smoke, add 2 tablespoons canola oil and swirl. add in the tofu and cook until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- add in the noodles, sprinkling with the sugar so they don8217;t stick. add the 2 tablespoons seasoning sauce and mix. throw in the broccoli.
- push everything to one side and crack the egg, let cook for 10-15 seconds and then mix in all together.
- pour the black soy sauce over everything and mix well. let sit on the heat for 1-2 more minutes, stirring occasionally. remove and serve!
Original source: http://www.designlovefest.com/2019/02/samsung-kbis-pad-see-ew/