When it’s freezing in the shop, there’s nothing better than coming into a hot bowl of chili. I’ve been working on my chili game for a while now, and I think I’ve finally come up with the winning concoction. It’s spicy, and a bit sweet. I promise you this will be the ultimate chili recipe that you will keep on hand for the rest of your life.
I’ve made this with and without ground beef, and it is hearty and filling, and when you omit the beef it is actually really really healthy! I mean, as long as you don’t overdo it on garlic bread, which is basically required with this chili.
Surprisingly, it’s a really quick and easy recipe to make…you can’t mess it up…seriously, if you do, don’t ever cook again.
It’s chock full of vegetables and flavor. Perfect for a weeknight dinner, Super Bowl party food, or pot-luck dish.
I’m not going to yammer on any longer….go make this Chili. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered and chopped into 1/2″ chunks
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 can pineapple chunks, drained (you can put as little or as much as you’d like in)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 can beans in tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups bean sprouts, washed
- In large pot, sautee ground beef until cooked. Remove from pot and set aside.
- Add olive oil and onions to the pot and sautee until onions have turned translucent.
- Add garlic, green pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, pineapple chunks, cooked beef, chili powder and sugar to the pot. Stir well, bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes or until zucchini has just become slightly tender.
- Add beans in tomato sauce, red kidney beans and black beans. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add bean sprouts and cook 3-5 minutes so that the sprouts stay crunchy.
- Serve with some seriously good cheese, and some extra garlicky garlic bread and enjoy!
The post Ultimate Chili Recipe appeared first on The DIY Hubs.
Original source: https://www.thediyhubs.com/2018/01/ultimate-chili-recipe/